As you can see, we’re pinked up again for our annual Pink Stumps Day fundraiser!
This year we will hold our Pink Stumps Day on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th March 2018. This is the sixth year we have been involved in this event for the McGrath Foundation and each year we have raised more money than the year before.
Pink Stumps is the only fund raising the club supports and it is for a wonderful organisation, so we’re hoping everyone will dig deep.
Our local politicians have been very generous in donating some wonderful prizes for our Pink Stumps raffle again this year:
- 1st prize – 2 x $100 EFTPOS cards kindly donated by Peter Dutton MP, federal member for Dickson;
- 2nd prize – “Our Ashes Heroes” – Deluxe Tribute Frame, kindly donated by Cr. Mike Charlton, Deputy Mayor, Councillor for Division 9, Moreton Bay Regional Council) and Nikki Boyd MP, State Member for Pine Rivers;
- 3rd prize – A Lenovo Tablet 3 A7-Tablet, kindly donated by Tim Mander MP, state member for Everton;
- 4th prize – Steve Smith and David Warner signed limited edition;
- 5th prize – Nicholson cartoon (A4 print) “Beach Cricket sibling bowls too fast” (originally published in The Australian, 30-12-1997).
We have packs that include a flyer displaying the prizes and a book of raffle tickets for each team. We don’t expect you to sell the entire book (although it would be great if you can). These packs can be picked up on Friday night if you are passing the grounds. Alternatively, we will be endeavouring to get them out to the teams at their training sessions during next week.
So, on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th March, we hope to see lots of pink!!!. Friday night in particular is usually a wonderful sight – with pink stumps, hats, shirts and even the odd dog or two running around in pink bling. We also have a supply of pink stumps that can be used by our Saturday teams (just contact Steve to organise a pick up).
On Friday 9th March, we will be having our usual Pink Stumps Cake stall with lots of yummy cupcakes, caramel tarts, etc on sale for $2.00 each (bargain!!). All proceeds go to the Pink Stumps collection.
Also, Nicole Hall from the Under 9 Black Hawks will be setting up a Tupperware table on the night. She has kindly offered to donate the profits from sales to our Pink Stumps collection. A big thank-you to Nicole!
The raffle will be drawn at 7:00pm on Friday 16th March, so we need the tickets (sold and unsold) and money returned before Thursday 15th March (not on the night we are drawing the raffle). For the U8s and U9s, they can return them on the Pink Stumps Friday night (9th March) and for all other teams, we can make arrangements to pick them up at your training or you can drop them off at our house.
For anyone wanting to make a tax deductible donation, we also have a fund raising page (see the url below).